Fatless Sponge Cake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 411 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 61156 times
A basic sponge cake which does not contain any fats and uses eggs for aeration. It can be used to make any frosted cakes.
- Sieve the flour.
- Grease and dust a baking tin. Use approx. 250 mm. X 125 mm. (10" x 5") or 175 mm. (7") diameter tin for the large cake, and 225 mm. X 100 mm. (9" x 4") or 150 mm. (6") diameter tin for the small cake.
- Beat the eggs and sugar very well until thick and double in quantity.
- Fold in the well - sieved flour carefully and mix gently with a metal spoon.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tin.
- Bake in a hot oven at 200 degree c (400 degree f) for 15 minutes.
- The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch.
- Take out from the oven and leave for 1 minute. Loosen the sides with a knife, invert the tin over a rack and tap sharply to remove.
- Cool the cake.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.