Fatless Chocolate Sponge Cake with Eggs
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 44961 times
Delicious chocolate cakes do seem loaded with calories thanks to their creamy, rich texture, but here is a fatless recipe to surprise you!
- Sieve the flour and cocoa powder. Keep aside.
- Beat the eggs and sugar in a deep bowl very well until thick and double in quantity with help of an electric beater.
- Add the vanilla essence and mix well.
- Fold in the well-sieved flour carefully and mix gently with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into a greased and dusted 175 mm. (7”) diameter round cake tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch.
- Take out from the oven and leave for 1 minute. Loosen the sides with a knife, invert the tin over a rack and tap sharply to remove.
- 9. Keep aside to cool and use as required.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.