Fat Free Dahi Vada ( Microwave Recipes)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 197 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 50618 times
Non-fried vadas dunked in yoghurt and topped with tangy imli chutney and cumin powder. This recipe is devised for people on a diet or for those who have to cut down on fat. Nevertheless, it is extremely good
- Soak the dal in warm water for at least 1 hour.
- Drain out most of the water and grind it to a smooth paste in a blender along with the chillies and salt.
- Add the fruit salt and mix well.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of the batter into 8 small greased microwave safe bowls (2" diameter).
- Microwave 4 at a time each batch for 1 minute and 15 seconds.
- Remove and allow it to cool completely unmould.
- Soak them in salted buttermilk for few minutes, till they are soft.
- Drain and squeeze out any excess water.
- Place on a serving plate.
- Whisk the curds with the milk and salt and pour over the soaked vadas.
- Garnish with the chilli powder, cumin powder, khajur imli ki chutney and chopped coriander.
- Serve chilled.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.