Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32933 times
Farali uttapam presents an unique variation to the south indian staple uttapams. The batter is made from singhoda flour mixed with samo, rajgirha flour, curds, grated coconut and spices. This fasting special dish, farali uttapams make fasting easier and tastier.
- Combine the flours, ginger-green chilli paste, curds and salt and mix well to make a smooth batter of pouring consistency.
- Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan and add the cumin seeds and green chillies.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and red chilli powder and pour this tempering to the batter and mix well.
- Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Add the cucumber, tomato and coconut and mix well.
- Heat a tava and when its hot wipe it with a wet cloth.
- Spread the thick layer of batter on the tawa and make a thin circle.
- Cook on a slow flame using little oil till it is cooked from both the sides.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make more uttapams.
This recipe was contributed by purvipdave on 30 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.