Faraali Dosa ( Faraal Foods)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 109 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 73381 times
Here is another famous south indian delicacy to please your palate on a fasting day. Best enjoyed with green chutney or peanut and curd chutney.
- Clean, wash and soak the sanwa millet in enough water for atleast 2 hours.
- Drain and blend in a mixer to a fine paste using 2 tbsp of water.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, add the rajgira flour, buttermilk, ginger-green chilli paste and rock salt and mix well. Cover and keep aside to ferment overnight.
- Divide the batter into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava (griddle) and spread it in a circular motion to make a 125 mm. (5") diameter thin dosa.
- Smear a little oil along the sides, cook till both the sides of the dosa turns golden brown in colour and fold over to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 7 more dosas.
- Serve hot with green chutney or peanut curd chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.