Fansi Dhokli ( Healthy Subzi Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 109 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16765 times
A characteristic ingredient of Gujarati and Rajasthani cuisine, dhoklis made of besan add body to a subzi while also enhancing its taste. The musky aroma and nutty mouth-feel of these ajwain-flavoured dhoklis are a pleasure to the palate. In Fansi Dhokli, dhoklis made of whole wheat flour and besan are combined with French beans, perked up with spice powders and thickened with besan again, creating a mouth-watering delicacy that is rich in fibre, folic acid and vitamin A.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using approx. 1 tbsp of water.
- Divide the dough into 25 equal portions and press each portion with your thumb to make uniform circular mini dhoklis. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the carom seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the french beans, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, sugar, salt and 1½ cups of water, mix well cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes or till the french beans are almost cooked.
- Add the dhoklis and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes or till the dhoklis are cooked, while stirring occasionally.
- Combine the besan with 1 tbsp of water and mix well till the besan dissolves completely.
- Add the besan-water mixture to the subzi, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 99 kcal|
|Protein|| 3.0 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 11.3 gm|
|Fat|| 4.6 gm|
|Fibre|| 2.2 gm|
|Folic acid|| 40.3 mcg|
|Vitamin A|| 272.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.