Fansi Dhokli ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 281 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 48215 times
Dhoklis are nothing but dumplings made of various flours, which add body to subzis and enhance their taste. While dhoklis are traditionally made with besan, you can also exercise your discretion and choose other flours. Fansi dhokli is one such recipe that makes smart use of dhoklis, combining them with the goodness of french beans. When making dhokli, remember to one or two dhoklis to see if they turn out soft. Then add the remaining ones.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 30 to 35 small equal portions. Press each portion with your thumb to make a uniform circular mini dhokli. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the carom seeds and asafoetida and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the french beans, 1 cup of water, chilli powder, sugar and salt and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till the french beans are almost done, stirring occasionally.
- Add the dhoklis and simmer for another 10 to 12 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.