Fada ni Khichdi ( Low Cholesterol Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 59 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25504 times
Use fibre rich bulgur wheat, moong dal and vegetables to create a simple, wholesome and zero cholesterol khichdi.
- Wash and soak the moong dal and bulgur wheat for at least 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Bring 4 cups of water to boil and keep aside.
- Prepare the tempering by heating the oil in a pressure cooker, adding the cinnamon, cloves, cumin seeds and asafoetida and stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add the dal and bulgur wheat together with all the other ingredients and stir for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the hot water and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape and open the pressure cooker.
- Stir the khichdi vigorously adding a little hot water if required so that the dal and the bulgur wheat mix well. Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Carbohydrates|| 59.4 gm.|
|Cholesterol|| 0 mg.|
|Energy|| 330 kcal.|
|Fat|| 3.6 gm.|
|Fibre|| 2.7 gm.|
|Protein|| 15.4 gm.|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.