Ek Top na Dal Bhaat ( Pressure Cooker )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20456 times
Ek top na dal bhaat, tasty and nutritious meal in itself, easy to cook too! you just need to dump all the ingredients into the pressure cooker, which is nothing short of a chef’s best friend!
- Make criss-cross slits on the onions, potatoes and brinjals taking care not to separate the segments.
- Stuff each of the onions, potatoes and brinjals evenly using the prepared masala mixture. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of ghee in a pressure cooker, add the asafoetida, rice, toovar dal and turmeric powder, mix gently and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add the stuffed vegetables, green peas, salt and 2½ cups of hot water, mix gently and pressure cook on a high flame for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape using natural release method, (refer handy tip) before opening the lid.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp of ghee, mix well and serve immediately.
- Natural release method: to use this method, remove the pressure cooker from the hot burner and let the pressure drop by cooling down naturally.
- It works best for grains and for beans that you might use for salads, as quick-releasing the pressure can cause the beans to split apart.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.