Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake Using Curds ( Cakes and Pastries )
by Tarla Dalal
3/5 stars 67% LIKED IT
2 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 73 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 105375 times
Eggless vanilla cakes made using a dash of curds are so soft that it would be tough to believe that one hasn’t used eggs in it!
- Sieve the flour and the baking powder and keep aside.
- Mix the curds and soda bi-carb in a bowl and keep aside.
- Combine the butter, sugar and 1/2 cup of hot water in another bowl and whisk well till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add the flour mixture, curds and vanilla essence and mix to make a smooth batter with help of a spatula, batter should be of pouring consistency,if needed add 2 tbsp hot water. Mix well.
- Put the batter in a175 mm. (7”) diameter greased baking tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160°c (320°f) for 60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, keep aside to cool and use as required.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.