Added to 43 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 115706 times
Eggless doughnuts offer a delicious, tempting dessert treat to all sweet lovers who are vegetarians. The freshly baked eggless doughnuts taste awesome and makes for an enticing evening snack dish. Prepare these round, golden brown, sugar dusted eggless doughnuts at home with this easy recipe.
- Heat the milk & pour over 1/4 cup sugar & 1/4 cup salted butter.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile add 1 tbsp fresh yeast with little sugar to 1/4 cup warm water & sprinkle 1/2 tsp maida & keep for 10 mts.
- Add this & 2 cups maida to milk mixture.
- Beat well after each cup.
- Let rise until double in bulk.
- Now add 3/4 tsp salt&3/4 tsp baking powder to 1/4 cup maida, mix well & add to the dough.
- Let rise again.
- Roll, make small balls with a little jam inside.
- Deep fry & coat with powdered sugar.
This recipe was contributed by chitvish on 23 May 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.