Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake ( Eggless Desserts Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 462 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 219125 times
Chocolate always has a nice, romantic feel to it, and nobody wants to miss out on anything chocolaty! Chocolate cakes can be made eggless too, and they can be just as soft as the ones you find at the bakery.
I have used this eggless sponge cake in recipes like Chocolate Orange Mousse-Cake , Ebony and Ivory and Chocolate Mousse Cake .
- Sieve the plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda together. Keep aside.
- Combine the condensed milk, melted butter, vanilla essence and 5 tbsp of water in a deep bowl and beat well using a whisk.
- Add the sieved flour mixture and mix gently with help of a spatula.
- The batter should be of dropping consistency.
- Pour the batter into a greased and dusted 175 mm. (7”) diameter cake tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc (360ºf) for 20 to 25 minutes or till done.
- The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch.
- Invert the tin over a rack and tap sharply to unmould the cake.
- Keep aside to cool and use as required.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.