Eggless Chocolate Mousse ( Mexican Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 616 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 79849 times
The beauty of this pudding is that it is made without using gelatine.
- Soak the china grass in 3/4 cup of cold water for 1 hour. Put to cook on a slow flame until it dissolves.
- Put 2 cups of milk to boil with the sugar, cocoa powder and dark chocolate.
- To the balance 1/2 cup milk, add the custard powder and boil. When the milk starts boiling, add to the cocoa mixture and go on stirring and cooking for 1 minute.
- When the china grass is dissolved completely, add to the boiling custard and cook again for 2 minutes. Strain the mixture and go on stirring it until it is slightly cold.
- Beat the cream with the powdered sugar, add the vanilla essence and mix well. Add to the cocoa mixture and put it to set.
- Once it sets, chill thoroughly, decorate with cream and chocolate curls and serve cold.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.