Eggless Butterscotch Pudding
by Palak Rajput
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11218 times
Finish your party menu with Eggless Butterscotch Pudding, the sweet and enamoring flavour of this pudding topped with crunchy praline will have your guests singing your praises all night.
- Combine the cornflour with ½ cup of milk and keep aside.
- In a saucepan, place the butter and sugar and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes. Until the sugar turns a golden brown in colour.
- Add the remaining milk and cream and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- When you pour in the milk, place the agar-agar with the water on a separate burner on a medium flame and cook until the agar agar melts.
- When the sugar is dissolved, pour in the milk-cornflour mixture and cook till the entire mixture thickens.
- Stir in the hot melted clear agar agar solution into the milk and cook for a couple of minutes more before removing it from the heat.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and when it is slightly warm pour into one large pudding mould or individual ones.
- When it comes to room temperature.
- Place in the refrigerator and chill for atleast 4 hours.
- Top with the praline powder and serve.
- In a heavy bottomed medium sized wok or saucepan, melt the sugar. When the sugar melts add in the nuts. After a couple of minutes, remove from flame and immediately transfer on a platform.
- Flatten with a spatula. After it cools, break into pieces and use as required.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 21 Sep 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.