Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25966 times
Dal dhokli one of the favourite items from gujrati cuisine which all of us enjoy. It is relishing and very easy to cook when suddenly someone comes for lunch or dinner!
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough, using enough water.
- Cover and keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and roll out each portion into 6" diameter circles.
- Heat a tava and cook each roti lightly from both the sides.
- Cut each roti into diamond or desired shapes and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and the cooked dal, mix well and bring the dal to boil.
- Add enough water, salt, ginger, green chillies and rajwadi masala and mix well.
- Add the curry leaves, tomatoes, jaggery, tamarind and groundnuts and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the dhoklis to the dal and bring the dal to boil.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by Binaca on 27 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.