Easy Anarase Recipe
by Jyoti V B
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20213 times
This is very popular Maharashtrian dish of diwali. This is my favorite dish. No more soaking of rice in water for 3 days. Easy way of making anarse directly with rice flour.
- Combine the rice flour and jaggery and blend in the mixer by adding little water to make a soft dough.
- Keep aside for 4-5 days in the air tight container.
- After 4-5 days take out from the container knead well adding little milk if required
- Place the poppy seeds in a flat clean surface.
- Make lemon sized balls of the dough, take a 1 ball and put some ghee to your fingers and to the ball, then put that lemon sized ball on the some portion of poppy seeds and flatten with your fingers till 1 1/2" size (like a small puri).
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai and deep fry till light brown in colour.
- Do same with remaining portions.
- Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve warm or store in an air-tight container.
This recipe was contributed by Jyoti V B on 06 Nov 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.