Dum Aloo, Popular Restaurant Style Punjabi Dum Aloo Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 307 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 460217 times
Dum aloo is one vegetable which is loved by one and all, it is rich, creamy and spicy all in one. . .
Serve it hot with Chapati or Cooked Rice to make a homely and satisfying meal.
Add your private note
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Combine the tomatoes and 3 cups of water in a kadhai, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 12 to 15 minutes or till they turn soft. Keep aside to cool.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth purée. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the cloves, cinnamon and cardamom and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the prepared onion paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared tomato purée, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the salt, sugar and fresh cream, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the coriander and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Add the fried potatoes and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with naan or parathas.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.