Dry Fruit Kesar Kulfi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 59 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38153 times
No Indian meal is complete without a serving of Indian ice-cream - the kulfi! Kulfi holds a special place in Mughal cooking. This great dessert has been altered to no end in today's world to give you all flavours of kulfi. Here is an authentic version made with loads and loads of dry fruits and flavoured with saffron and cardamom.
This kulfi tastes awesome topped with some Falooda and a dollop of Rabdi .
- Combine the saffron and warm milk in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the cornflour and 2 tbsp of water in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the milk and sugar in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 32 minutes, while stirring occasionally while scrapping the sides of the pan.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely. Once cooled, add the cardamom powder, saffron-milk mixture and dry fruits and mix well.
- Pour into 6 kulfi moulds and freeze overnight.
- To unmould, allow the moulds to remain outside the refrigerator for 5 minutes and then unmould by inserting a wooden skewer stick or a fork in the centre of the kulfi and pulling it out.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.