Dry Fruit Barfi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 337 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 57475 times
A delicious sweet made of thickened milk and dry fruits flavoured with nutmeg and mace.
- Bring the milk to a boil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add the curds and stir continuously on a slow flame till the milk reduces to half (approx. 30 to 35 minutes).
- Add the sugar, nutmeg, mace, cardamom and chopped dry fruits and continue cooking on a very low flame till the milk thickens.
- Add 3/4 cup of water and keep stirring over a slow flame till all the moisture has evaporated and the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add the kewra essence and mix well. Remove from the fire and pour into a 100 mm. x 100 mm. (4" x 4") square tin. Allow it to cool and cut in 16 squares of 25 mm. x 25 mm. (1" x 1").
- This barfi requires slow cooking to get a brown (caramelised) color.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.