Dragon Rolls ( Easy Chinese Cooking )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 832 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 58241 times
So much excitement in one small package! This Chinese delicacy is named Dragon Roll because it is as spicy as a dragon’s fiery breath. Assorted veggies, sautéed on a high flame to retain the crunch, are flavoured with pungent Schezuan sauce, rolled in maida wrappers, and deep-fried till perfectly crisp. Made in a convenient, handy size, this snack is perfect for cocktail parties.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except the schezuan sauce, and sauté on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the schezuan sauce, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Combine the plain flour with 1 tbsp of water in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Divide the wonton wrapper dough into 12 equal portions and roll each portion into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Place one wonton wrapper on a flat, dry surface and place 1 tbsp of filling at the top edge of the wrapper.
- Apply a little plain flour paste along the edges of the wonton wrapper.
- Fold the topmost edge of the wrapper over the filling and seal it tightly.
- Fold the left and the right sides of the wonton wrapper.
- Roll the wrapper downwards tightly, sealing the end securely with flour paste.
- Repeat the steps 3 to 6 to make the 11 more rolls.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry the rolls, a few at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with schezuan sauce.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.