Down East Delight
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1696 times
1.combine with bitters and swirl around empty glass first when preparing an old fashioned.
2.to make larger quantities use the ratio of 2:1 for sugar and water.
3.combine, serve over ice in a collins glass, garnish with a cherry
- Put one cup of water in a small saucepan.
- Add two cups of sugar.
- Heat to a boil while stirring.
- Reduce heat and continue to stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Find a clean container that will hold at least a cup and a half.
- Using a funnel, pour liquid into container.
- Seal and store in refrigerator indefinitely.
- Use whenever a recipe calls for simple sugar or simple syrup.
This recipe was contributed by shahsejals on 24 Dec 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.