Double Decker Sweet
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 75 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5662 times
Colourful, light and tasty.
- Put the almonds into hot water for 10 minutes. Drain and remove the skin. Chop finely.
- Chop the pistachios with the skin on very finely.
- Put the milk in a large vessel, preferably in a non-stick pan, and heat on a high flame. When it starts boiling, add the sugar and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the alum and continue boiling until the milk becomes very thick. Test by putting a little mixture on a small plate. If it forms a soft ball, remove from the heat.
- Divide the mixture into two parts.
- Warm the saffron in a small vessel, add 2 teaspoons of milk and rub until the saffron dissolves.
- Add the saffron liquid and almonds to 1 part of the milk mixture and mix well.
- Add the pistachios and a few drops of green colour to the other part of the milk mixture and mix well.
- Grease a small plate and spread one part evenly over the surface. Spread the other part on top. Store in a refrigerator.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.