Dosa ( Idlis and Dosas)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 981 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 197030 times
Dosa, the traditional favourite of the south, has now become a versatile dish that dots tables around the world. With potato masala or paneer masala; with onions, carrots or cashews; or just plain – crispy or soft, thin or thick, dosa lends itself to satiate your wishes.
- Wash the raw rice, urad dal and fenugreek seeds. Soak in a little water along with the beaten rice for at least 2 hours.
- Grind to a smooth paste with a little water. Cover and keep aside for at least 4 hours. Add salt and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava and grease it lightly with oil. When hot, pour a ladelful of the batter, spread using a circular motion to make a thin dosa and cook on one side.
- Pour a little oil along the edges while cooking. When crispy, fold over and serve hot.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with coconut chutney and sambhar.
- VARIATION : MASALA DOSA
- When the dosa is cooked, put some potato bhaji on it. Roll to form a cylindrical shape and serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.