Doodhi ka Halwa ( Microwave Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 62 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38950 times
A traditional mithai that everybody has a reason to like—some for the taste, some for the goodness of doodhi and milk, and some for the warm feeling it instills on a rainy day!
I know some busy-bees who would stop over at a sweetmeat stall, have a cup of halwa and a Punjabi Samosa in lieu of a meal, and continue their work with full energy!
Traditionally the doodhi is cooked in a pressure cooker, but this recipe uses the Microwave , reducing the time taken by 50 per cent! the authentic taste remains.
- Put the ghee in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 15 seconds.
- Add the bottle gourd, mix well and microwave on high for about 3 minutes.
- Add the sugar and khoya mix well and microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring in between after 2½ minutes.
- Sprinkle the cardamom powder on top, dot with the fresh cream and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Cool for 5 to 10 minutes and then serve.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.