by Tarla Dalal
Added to 547 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 46678 times
A steamed savoury made with doodhi (white pumpkin), 3 kinds of flours and fresh spices.
- Strain the liquid out of the grated pumpkin and onion, keeping the liquid aside to use if requirted to knead the dough.
- Combine all the ingredients for the muthias in a bowl and knead into a very soft dough adding the strained vegetable liquid if required.
- Using oiled palms, divide the mixture into 4 parts and roll out into cylindrical rolls approximately 200 mm. (8") long and 25 mm. (1") in diameter.
- Place 2 cylindrical rolls in a greased shallow glass dish and cover with a lid.
- Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes. Allow it to stand for 1 minute.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make 2 more rolls.
- Cool and slice into 20 mm. (3/4") pieces and keep aside.
- To prepare the tempering, heat the oil in a large pan and add the mustard seeds and sesame seeds. When the crackle, add the asafoetida.
- Add the sliced muthias, toss well and stir over a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Garnish with the coriander and coconut.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
- To check if the muthias are done, inserta toothpick in the centre. If it comes out clean, the muthias are cooked.
- VARIATION : You can use cabbage or fenugreek leaves instead of pumpkin.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.