Doodhi Halwa ( Pressure Cooker )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 27 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31933 times
Doodhi halwa, desserts such as doodhi halwa and gajar halwa are the ideal marriage of good taste and good health! making such desserts with the pressurecooker adds another undeniable advantage…. Speed of cooking!
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker, add the bottle gourd and mava and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the sugar, cardamom powder, 2 tbsp of warm milk and 2 tbsp of hot water, mix well and pressure cook on a high flame for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape using quick release method, ( refer handy tip ) before opening the lid. Serve hot garnished with almonds, pistachio nuts and raisins.
- Quick release method: also called the cold-water release method, it is used to release pressure quickly. To use this method, remove the pressure cooker from the burner, place in the sink and run cold water gently over the lid until the steam dissipates.
- When putting the pressure cooker in the sink, tilt the handle up so the water flows away from you. Quick release works best for foods where you need to control the timing and degree of cooking.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.