Doodh Paak ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 217 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 88911 times
Doodh paak is a semi-thick mithai, brimful with the goodness of milk. The milk is simmered for a while; then the rice is added and simmered till cooked. As the rice is cooked completely in the milk, it imbibes a luxurious flavour and aroma. The cardamom and saffron added towards the end complete the royal feel of this dish!
- Dissolve the saffron in 1 tbsp of warm milk and keep aside.
- Wash the rice, drain and add the ghee and mix well. Keep aside.
- Bring the remaining milk to a boil in a broad bottom non-stick pan and simmer for approximately 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice, mix well and simmer for approximately 25 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, cardamom powder and saffron-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 15 minutes or till the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Serve warm garnished with almond and pistachio slivers.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.