Doodh Paak ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 222 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 106049 times
Doodh paak is a semi-thick mithai, brimful with the goodness of milk. The milk is simmered for a while; then the rice is added and simmered till cooked. As the rice is cooked completely in the milk, it imbibes a luxurious flavour and aroma. The cardamom and saffron added towards the end complete the royal feel of this dish!
- Combine the saffron and 1 tbsp of warm milk in a small bowl and keep aside.
- Wash the rice and drain well. Add the ghee, mix well and keep aside.
- Boil the milk in a deep non-stick pan on a high flame, while stirring twice in between. This will take approx. 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the rice-ghee mixture, mix well and cook on a slow flame approximately 15 minutes, while stirring and scraping the sides of the pan occasionally.
- Add the sugar, saffron-milk mixture and cardamom powder, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till the sugar dissolve completely, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool slightly and refrigerate for at least ½ hour.
- Serve chilled garnished with almond and pistachio slivers.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||435.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||14.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.