Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39600 times
Diwani handi is a classic authentic royal vegetable preparation coked in a handi. The vegetables are tossed together with ginger, garlic paste and select masala powders. Once the vegetables are almost cooked add chopped coriander leaves and green chillies. Serve Diwani Handi hot with Hyderabadi parantha or roomali roti.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, add sliced onions and sauté till lightly brown.
- Add ginger paste, garlic paste and stir well for a minute.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and stir to mix well.
- Add chopped fenugreek leaves and cook for three to four minutes.
- Add the prepared vegetables and stir well.
- Add a cup of water and salt to taste and simmer till the vegetables are cooked.
- Once the vegetables are almost cooked, add chopped coriander leaves and green chillies.
- Cook till all the water has evaporated.
- Serve hot with hyderabadi parantha.
This recipe was contributed by anu_bunny on 17 Apr 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.