Dill Khakhra with Aachari Dip
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 46 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19505 times
Suggested serving size for 100 calories: 2 khakhras with 1/3 cup of dip
whole wheat and dill khakhras become interesting with this deliciously chilled low-fat curd dip enhanced with delectable spices. Prepare in advance, enjoy at leisure.
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into a firm dough using enough water. Keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes
- Knead again till smooth and divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter thin circle, using a little wheat flour for rolling.
- Cook it on a tava (griddle), over a low flame pressing each side with a muslin cloth till brown spots appear on both the sides and the khakhra becomes crisp.
- Repeat with the remaining dough portions to make 5 more khakhras.
- Cool and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan, add the fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds and onion seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Combine the roasted spices, coriander, green chillies, salt and sugar and blend in a mixer to a fine paste using little water.
- Pour it into a bowl, add the curds and whisk well.
- Keep refrigerated for at least 1 hour.
- Serve the dill khakhras with chilled aachari dip.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.