by Tarla Dalal
Added to 375 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22994 times
White and green dhoklas tastes great with coconut sauce. If you don't know how to make dhoklas, buy the instant mix packets in the market and follow the directions.
- Grate the coconut. Add 2 teacups of water to the grated coconut and blend in a mixer. Strain and take out coconut milk. Add the cornflour and mix well.
- Heat the ghee and fry the cumin seeds until they begin to crackle. Add the curry leaves and green chillies and fry again for a few seconds.
- Add the coconut milk and boil for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, sugar and salt.
- Heat the oil on a tava and fry the mustard and sesame seeds for 1/2 minute.
- Add the asafoetida and green chillies and fry again for a few seconds.
- Add the dhoklas and cook for a few minutes.
- Keep the dhoklas on the side. Fill the centre of the tava with coconut sauce.
- Serve hot.
- Always use your hands while mixing the batter to break the lumps.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.