Date and Walnut Cake
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 89 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32826 times
Traditional and wholesome.
- Chop the dates, soak in 5 tablespoon of water and add the soda bi - carb. Allow to stand overnight or at least for 4 hours.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder.
- Cream the butter and sugar very well until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well.
- Add the vanilla essence.
- Mix the dates and walnuts together and add alternately with the flour.
- Grease and dust a shallow 200 mm.(8") diameter tin.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake in a moderate oven at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- Cool and cut into slices.
- Serve with sweetened cream.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.