by Tarla Dalal
Added to 114 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36337 times
A dish fit for the royals! vegetables like pumpkin, baby corn and onions are sautéed before being boiled and then simmered with boiled rajma, toovar and masoor dals. Coconut, ginger-garlic paste and chilies add all the extra flavors!
- Clean, wash and soak the dals for about 30 minutes. Drain.
- Pressure cook the dals with 3 cups of water, turmeric powder and salt till done.
- Whisk well till the dal is mashed and keep aside.
- Heal oil in a pan, add the onions and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the tomatoes ginger-garlic paste, grated coconut, coriander-cumin seed powder, red chilli powder, garam masala and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the pumpkins, baby corn, green chillies, cooked dal and 1 cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer till the vegetables are done and then add the coriander.
- Simmer for a couple of more minutes and serve hot.
RECIPE SOURCE : Dals
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.