Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 60192 times
Laden with the goodness of dalia or broken wheat, the dalia khichadi has the soaked dalia cooked with onions, tomatoes and tempered with mustard seeds, curry leaves and green chillies.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions, green chillies and ginger-garlic paste, mix well and saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the vegetables and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the broken wheat, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt along with 2 cups of water and mix well.
- Pressure cook for 1-2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by tshachi on 27 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.