Dal and Vegetable Idli ( Pregnancy Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 222 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29639 times
These nutritious idlis are slightly heavier than the regular idlis as the batter is not fermented. They are very nutritive because of the combination of 3 dals and vegetables like methi, green peas and carrots. These are great for an early pregnancy boost and being an excellent source of iron, fibre, folic acid and vitamin c, they will ensure that you and your baby get plenty of goodness. You can even make sumptuous pancakes with the same batter instead of steaming them into idlis.
- Wash and soak the dals together at least 3 hours.
- Drain and grind to a smooth paste, adding approx. ½ cup of water, fenugreek leaves, coriander, green peas, coconut, green chillies, onion, carrot and salt and mix well.
- Add water as required to make a thick batter.
- Pour into greased idli moulds and steam for 10 to 12 minutes till done.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
Nutrient values per idli
| 23 gm|| 50 kcal|| 2.6 gm|| 7.3 gm|| 1.1 gm|| 262.6 mcg|| 4.8 mg|| 20.9 mg|| 0.6 mg|| 13.0 mcg|| 1.1 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.