Added to 211 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31034 times
Dal pancharatna is a delightful recipe with the panch lentils cooked together. The thick and rich dal panchratna is best suited for parties and can be enjoyed with both rice and rotis.
Add your private note
Dal Panchratna recipe - How to make Dal Panchratna
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 to 5 servings
- Combine the dals and pressure cook with enough water and turmeric till the dals are cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and saute till they turn transparent.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked dals, ground paste, red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt, mix well and cook for 10 minutes or till raw smell goes.
- Serve hot for rotis and pulkas.
This recipe was contributed by radhabaloo on 26 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.