Dal Moghlai ( Low Cholesterol Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 334 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41093 times
Serve this flavourful dal with steaming hot rice for a wholesome and zero cholesterol meal.
- Clean, wash and soak the dals for about 30 minutes. Drain.
- Add the tomatoes, bottle gourd, turmeric powder, salt and 3 cups of water and pressure cook till the dals are tender.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the garlic, green chillies, ginger and onions and sauté till the onions turn golden brown in colour. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of water over it to prevent the onions from burning.
- Add the cooked dal mixture and 1 cup of water and bring to boil.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
| 18.6 gm.|| 0 mg.|| 123 kcal.|| 2.5 gm.|| 0.9 gm.|| 6.4 gm.|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.