Added to 709 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 46889 times
A wholesome kadhi that uses cooked chana dal instead of besan. You will enjoy the texture of this dal kadhi, as well as the lingering mouthwatering flavour, brought about by simple spices. Another special aspect of this kadhi is the addition of chopped capsicum, which imparts not just crunch but also a flavour and aroma that you will surely relish.
- Combine the dal along with 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the cumin seeds. When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and ginger-green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the capsicum and chilli powder and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked dal and salt and simmer for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the fire. Add the curds, sugar and coriander and mix well.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.