Dainty Onion and Jeera Dinner Rolls
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 618 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11303 times
- Heat the ghee and fry the onion and cumin seeds until golden brown. Keep aside.
- Sieve the flour. Make a well in the centre.
- Add the yeast, sugar and 1/2 cup of warm water.
- Wait for a few minutes until bubbles come on top.
- Add the butter and salt, mix well and make a soft dough by adding some more warm water.
- Knead the dough for at least 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the onion mixture to the dough and mix well. Keep under a wet cloth for 20 minutes or till the dough doubles in size. Knead again for 1 minute.
- Shape into very small marble size balls.
- Put on a well-greased baking tray leaving enough margin for expansion. Keep the tray in a closed cupboard for 20 minutes or until double in size.
- Bake in a hot oven at 200 degree C for 5 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to 150 degree C and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from the tin and brush on top with butter.
- Serve hot in folded napkins with butter.
- Put the dry yeast with the sugar in 1 cup of warm water, stir and add a pinch of flour. Cover and leave for 10 minutes. When bubbles come on top, the yeast is ready for use. Then, follow the same method as for fresh yeast.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.