Dahiwale Aloo ki Subzi with Urad Dal Puri
by Foodie #48100
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9786 times
Dahiwale aloo ki subzi aur urad dal puri presents a right combination of tangy and spicy dahi wale aloo(potao cooked in thin curd) and crispy fried puris ,made from urad dal. An excellent breakfast or meal option.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, nigella seeds, fennel seeds and asafoetida. When the seeds crackle, add the bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon, curry leaves and green chilli and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the potatoes, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seed powder, turmeric powder and salt and sauté till the masala coats the potatoes evenly.
- Add ½ cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the curds and bring to a boil while stirring continuously so that the gravy does not split.
- Garnish with the coriander.
- Clean, wash and soak the urad dal for 2 to 3 hours. Drain completely.
- Purée the dal in a mixer using ¼ cup of water to make a fine paste.
- Combine with the nigella seeds, asafoetida, wheat flour and salt and knead into a soft dough.
- Add the oil and knead again.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and roll out each portion into a circle of 75 mm. (3") diameter.
- Deep fry in hot oil over a medium flame till the puris puff up and both sides are golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with dahiwale aloo ki subzi.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #48100 on 28 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.