Dahi Bhindi ( High Blood Pressure Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 65 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 52301 times
You either love bhindi or you hate it! cook it in this special south indian way, and you can't help but love it!
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a non-stick pan and sauté the bhindi in oil until they are done. Remove and drain on absorbent paper.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan, add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds and urad dal.
- When they crackle, add the red chillies and fry again for a while.
- Add the onions and sauté until they are golden brown. You may sprinkle a little water to avoid them from burning.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, turmeric powder and the ground paste and simmer for a while.
- Meanwhile, add 1¼ cups of water to the curds, and whisk well. Add this to the subzi and bring to a boil.
- Add the sautéed bhindi and salt and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 134 cal|
|Protein|| 4.6 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 12.9 gm|
|Fat|| 7.2 gm|
|Sodium|| 166.1 mg|
|Folic acid|| 109.4 mg|
|Potassium|| 204.8 mg|
|Fibre|| 1.8 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.