Curried Corn Open Hot Dog Roll
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8414 times
An innovative filling of curried sweet corn bound together by milk thickened with bread, adds immense value to simple hot dog rolls. Baked with a topping of cheese, the Curried Corn Open Hot Dog Roll is a visual and gastronomic treat perfect to be served at garden parties. It is interesting to note that the bread scooped out from the middle of the hot dog rolls is being used to thicken the corn filling, thereby imparting a wonderful texture to it and also avoiding wastage!
- Scoop out the centre of each hot dog roll and keep the scooped bread aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and the prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, green chillies and curry powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the corn, milk, salt and ¼ cup of scooped bread, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the filling into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Brush the scooped hot dog roll halve with butter and place them on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 minutes.
- Stuff a portion of the filling into the baked hot dog roll and cover it with some pieces of cheese over it.
- Place the stuffed hot dog rolls on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for another 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.