Curd Rice, South Indian Curd Rice Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 158 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 376055 times
Curd rice is close to every South Indian's heart, especially for the brahmins, who would not hesitate to admit that it is ambrosia for them.
Serve a South Indian a hearty meal, but he or she is unlikely to be appeased unless the meal is suitably concluded with curd rice, which has a soothing effect, balancing the effect of other spicy dishes!
Plain curd rice can be had accompanied with Lemon Pickle or Mango Pickle .
- Combine the rice and curds together in a bowl and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal, curry leaves and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the asafoetida, prepared curd-rice mixture, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the salt, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 minute.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.