Cucumber, Tomato and Noodle Salad in Peanut Dressing
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10770 times
An interesting, ethnic recipe, the peanut and coconut flavours in this combine to give it a pucca oriental touch! wonton wrappers are not easily available in the market. So samosa pattis can be used instead.
- Combine the peanut butter, coconut milk and sugar together in a small pan and heat over a low flame till smooth while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame, add the tabasco sauce, pepper and salt and mix well. Keep aside to cool.
- Cut the wanton wrappers into small triangles and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the wanton wrapper triangles till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Arrange the iceberg lettuce leaves on serving a plate and drizzle the peanut dressing on it.
- Arrange the noodles, cucumber and tomato slices over it.
- Top with wanton triangles and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.