Cucumber Raita ( Low Calorie Healthy Cooking )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 59 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36665 times
Cucumber Raita, is the ideal raita for weight-watchers as it comprises of high amounts of water and very little calories. This raita is rich in protein and calcium that maintain bone health. The tempering gives a peculiar curry-like flavour to this raita, making it a perfect side dish for a low-cal meal.
- Combine the curds, green chilli paste and salt in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk.
- Add the cucumber, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the tempering to the curds-cucumber mixture and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and serve chilled.
Nutrient values Per Serving
|Energy|| 37 kcal|
|Protein|| 2.3 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 3.9 gm|
|Fat|| 1.3 gm|
|Calcium|| 96.9 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.