Crispy Lotus Stem Honey Chilli
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33518 times
Quite different, the Crispy Lotus Stem Honey Chilli is a tongue-tickling way to start your meal! Thinly-sliced lotus stems are stir-fried with flavourful sauces, spices and honey to get a sweet and sour delicacy that tickles your taste buds. Make sure you serve this Oriental starter immediately on preparation, before it gets chewy.
- Combine the lotus stem and cornflour in a deep bowl and toss well.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry the lotus stems in 2 batches till they turn golden brown and crispy from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the chilli oil in a broad non-stick pan add the honey, chilli flakes, tomato ketchup, soy sauce and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the fried lotus stems, toss well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onion whites and greens.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.