Crispy Fried Vegetables
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 368 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 151691 times
A very popular starter in Chinese cuisine, this crisp, delicious dish is also quite convenient and quick to prepare. While there are many ways of preparing this popular starter, here we have coated the veggie strips with a thick and flavourful batter before deep-frying them. The fried veggies are then quickly sautéed with tongue-tickling Schezuan sauce, spring onions and garlic, to impart a typical Oriental flavour. It is important to make the cooking pan smoking hot before sautéing the fried veggies, in order to retain their crispness; if the pan is not hot enough, these will get soggy. Serve the Crispy Fried Vegetables fresh off the Pan , to savor the right mix of crispness and sauciness.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan. Dip each vegetable strip into the batter and deep-fry in hot oil, a few at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep these deep-fried vegetables aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai or a broad non-stick pan on a high flame till it smokes.
- Add the garlic and sauté on a high flame for few seconds.
- Add the spring onions and salt and sauté on a high flame for 1 minute.
- Add the schezuan sauce and cook on a high flame for 30 seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Add the fried vegetables and toss gently.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.