Crispy Fried Vegetables ( Chinese Cooking )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 333 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 126290 times
A very popular starter in chinese cuisine, this crisp, delicious dish is easy to make and can be whipped up fast. Crisp fried vegetables are quite frequently ordered in indian restaurants too. This recipe recreates the chinese dish to suit the indian palate. It is a good idea to use a variety of vegetables and cut them into thick strips. The batter-fried veggies are coated in a mixture of schezuan sauce, spring onions and garlic giving it a unique flavor. Serve these vegetables as soon as they’re off the pan to savor its crisp, saucy taste all together.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, add enough water and mix well to make a thick batter. Keep aside.
- Dip a few vegetable strips at a time into the batter and deep-fry in hot oil till they turn brown and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok / kadhai on a high flame till it smokes.
- Add the garlic and sauté on a high flame till the garlic turns golden brown in colour.
- Add the spring onion whites and salt and sauté on a high flame for another minute.
- Add the crispy fried vegetables and schezuan sauce and toss lightly. Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.