Crispy Fried Cauliflower
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 278 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33724 times
Crispy Fried Cauliflower served with salsa is an experience perfect for snack lovers. Parboiled florets of cauliflower, coated with a plain flour batter and rolled in bread crumbs are deep-fried to produce a crunchy snack that is soft and succulent inside. This mildly flavoured snack together with pungent salsa makes a perfect Mexican starter. What is more, the salsa is so easy to prepare, so you can prepare it even on a short notice. Just ensure that you serve this combo soon after preparation.
- Parboil the cauliflower florets in salted water. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the plain flour, cornflour , prepared the paste and salt in a deep bowl along with approx. 1 cup of water, mix well to make a thick paste.
- Dip the cauliflower florets in the batter and roll in the bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry a few at time, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with salsa.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.