Crispy Cup Dosa ( Idlis and Dosas )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 572 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42508 times
No, this dosa doesn’t look like a cup. It is called the crispy cup dosa, because one cup each of every ingredient is used—also making it easy to remember and repeat. A thoughtful combination of fermented dal paste and besan enables you to make this dosa thin, crispy and really golden!
- Soak the urad dal and chana dal in lukewarm water for at least 4 hours.
- Wash, drain and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using approx. 1½ cups of water.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, cover with a lid and ferment overnight.
- Next day, add the besan, ¼ cup of water and salt and mix very well till no lumps remain.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on the tava (griddle) and wipe it off gently using a cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 200 mm. (7”) diameter thin circle.
- Smear a little oil over it and along the edges and cook on a high flame till the dosa turns brown in colour and crisp.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 19 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with malagapadi powder, coconut chutney and sambhar.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.