by Tarla Dalal
Added to 90 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22381 times
Your family and guests will love these home-made crispy rolls.
- Sieve the flour. Make a well in centre.
- Add the yeast and a little warm water and wait for a few minutes.
- Make a dough by adding some warm water. Knead for 7 minutes.
- Place the kneaded dough in a bowl and cover with a wet cloth for at least 40 minutes.
- Mix the oil and salt together and add to the dough.
- Knead very well again for 1 minute.
- Divide the dough into three equal sized balls and shape into long rolls.
- Put on a well greased baking tray leaving enough margin for expansion. Lightly brush each loaf with cold water.
- Leave the tray in a closed cupboard for 1/2 hour or until the loaves are double in bulk. Make slits on the top with scissors.
- Bake in a hot oven at 230 degree C (450 degree F) for 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 200 degree C (400 degree F) and bake for a further 5 to 10 minutes.
- Brush with a little butter and heat in the oven for a few minutes.
- Prepare crispy bread 3 to 4 hours in advance.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.